Arouna kone

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by charlie butler, Oct 19, 2013.

1. charlie butler

charlie butler New Around Here

Do i need to say anymore?

2. HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee Active Member

Taxxiiiiiiiiiiii

3. The Evertonian

The Evertonian New Around Here

You need a taxi, Simon.

4. HalewoodToffee

Got a car thanks

5. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

If you're gonna use the thread at least stay on topic guys. As for Kone, I think he can be good, he did better last season than Jelavic and Anichebe but together so he definitely has something. He's not gonna be a 25+ a season guy but he just needs more game time he's played about 90 minutes so far and needs confidence.

To take the positives from his chance today, while it would have been easier to score, he did well to even get the ball and work the shot away as the ball wasn't particularly great behind him. I know why he's hit the post, it was just funny. Laughed a little to be honest, if we had drawn I'd be pissed but we didn't so I can see the funny side of it.

6. charlie butler

Dont know what to say, dont want to be to harsh but when you're a professional striker you cant be missing those chances and he had a great oppurtunity a few minutes later.
    I think we need to give jelavic more of a chance because if and when he hits form he can be one of the best

7. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Yeah but at the same time the very best have made plenty of howlers in their time even worse than that. He still had a keeper and a defender to beat on the line. Still as I said, easier to score.

No no, Jelavic has had his chances, many of them. For me it's Kone's time can't just fuck him off after such a short amount of game time when Jelavic had all last season to do well and was terrible. He is ALWAYS offside and that's just not acceptable really it's not hard. Kone was making good runs today to be fair to him, he still needs time to get used to the team he's playing with too, new lads and his English is piss poor apparently so. Yeah, in my opinion he wont ever be a Lukaku goal scorer, but he can do alright, you know, double figures but not 20+. A decent sub. which is why we need a striker when...when...he... when he goes back... I can't bring my self to say it, haha.

8. charlie butler

Hahaha i see what your saying and i agree we cant fuck him off too early but why does he put two strikers on the bench but only plays one at a time think it is a waste of a place on the bench.
    Lets just hope one of them hits a run of form before the end of the season when lukaku, well, erm yeno

9. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Because he's all about dat passing so assume he'd rather have midfield presence than 2 up top. That's why I assume he plays 1. Or 'coz he knows Jelavic is shite haha.

When lukaku pays out his own pocket to stay here? yeah sound, that's what I thought you meant. haha

10. charlie butler

I like that he plays 1 up top but only because lukaku can make something out of anything but the other two cant so is it all going to change when lukaku's pockets are empty and has to drag himself to the shithole that is chelsea

11. HalewoodToffee

I wonder if we can swap him with the Straq in Jan? We could show Emelec his Wigan days, they wont know the difference

12. MO'K

MO'K Member

Let him settle in, Martinez knows him from his Wigan days, he only needs a goal.

Paul1878 and IAmVictus like this.
  13. CalDumbell

CalDumbell New Around Here

I'm not someone to get on new players backs this quickly, he has wasted some absolute golden chances since arriving and there are no real excuses for that.....but I would give him time!

14. charlie butler

Lets put it this way at the start of the transfer window, would you have took a straight swap for anichebe and kone?

15. MO'K

MO'K Member

No, on form I think Kone is better, Anichebe was too inconsistent and Kone has only been here for a few months so it's too early to judge him. Vic was here for 7 years and was never really good enough for the starting 11.

16. charlie butler

I meant straight swap; anichebe for kone because we basically sold anichebe for £6 mill and bought kone for the same amount, so is kone better than anichebe and if so then we have really gained from the deal

17. Portland_Toffee

Portland_Toffee Portland Toffee

He is absolute GASH, between the Stevenage sitter and this toady what other conclusion can you make. When you get paid that much money you should not be missing sitters from 5 yards out and an open goal

18. He probably needs a good run of games but hes not doing himself any favours by missing opportunities like that one against Hull, he needs to take his chances to impress when he comes off the bench because lets be honest he is never starting above Lukaku from what we have seen so far.

19. 1878mike

1878mike Not Bitter Just Better

He should of bagged that sitter on saturday. I feel a bit sorry for the lad TBH. Give him half hour upfront with Lukaku .. see how they get on !! #COYB

IAmVictus likes this.
  20. The Street End

The Street End Moderator

I'd rather see Jelavic, and I'd have rather seen Anichebe than watch him. Just got to laugh at him though, don't get angry, just have a laugh. I couldn't help but actually laugh when he missed that on Saturday. He might come good, eventually. I doubt it, but he might.