Films!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by IAmVictus, Oct 17, 2013.

1. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

It's gonna be posted at some point, and It's going to cause interesting debate. Name your favourite films!

Mine have to start somewhere with Tarantino's stuff: Pulp Fiction etc. Then the other side of films like Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, so Shaun of the Dead.

2. AJFBrown

AJFBrown Jan Mucha

Anything by Tim Burton. He's an absolute genius. If I had to pick, it would most likely be Edward Scissorhands or Nightmare Before Christmas. Aside from Burton, it's probably Rocky.

Tell ya what's boss, Jimmy Grimble

3. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

I liked Edward Scissorhands, not generally my type of film but it was just weird enough to be enjoyable.

4. Godfather, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy to name a few.

He's made some class films. Edward Scissorhands was his best.

5. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

I've watched and even enjoyed all 3 Godfather's multiple times, there is no doubt the quality goes down with each one but I still enjoy them all. Seen much worse. Goodfellas is also boss and Pulp Fiction is just godly haha. I also love war films, like Enemy at the Gates, Saving Private Ryan etc. And while Band of Brothers is technically a TV series, I watch them and see them more like films.

6. Charro

Charro Member

Se7en
    Clerks
    Shawshank (standard)
    Moneyball

7. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Anyone ever watch foreign films? I've seen some pretty weird but cool Mexican and Spanish films.

8. I've seen the odd Jean Reno film like. They have to be really good or I lose interest.

9. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

The Hurtlocker, Green Zone, Bourne films, as well as all the classics and Tarrantinos

10. Charro

Charro Member

I hate Tarrantino, once you've seen Resiviour Dogs and Pulp fiction you've seen all his films.

11. Django ?

IAmVictus likes this.
  12. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Yes but they are both boss films. I enjoyed Inglorious Bastards too,

IAmVictus likes this.
  13. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

I liked Amores Perros as it follows 3 lines of story like Pulp fiction and they all cross etc. If subtitles aren't too much of an issue it's pretty good. Being in Mexico there is violence etc. so that's fun.

14. Charro

Charro Member

Haven't seen it as I cant sit through his films anymore. I've got it on me sky plus, but I doubt I'll be able to sit through it all, his films just annoy me these days.

15. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Not having a go or anything as it's your opinion and that's fine... but how do they annoy you? Just curious.

16. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Who's watching Forest Gump right now then?