First Everton Game.

alexglover1995

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
Whats everyone's memories of their first game? Home or away?

My first home game was in 2000 when I was 5, we played Tottenham at home and drew 0-0. My second game wasn't much better we drew with Chelsea 0-0 the only memory I have was a Zola free kick hitting the bar!

After my first two games, I should of run when I had the chance but in true Everton fashion just as I was losing faith we went an thumped Leyton Orient 4-1 in the cup and I was hooked for life hahaha!

Equally as grim as my first home game's was my first away day, a cold, wet, grim day up in Middlesborough which we lost 2-1!

Sharples

WOOL
Oct 16, 2013
twitter.com
I'm ashamed to say i can't remember my first Everton game, the furthest back I can remember is Coventry and everybody ran on the pitch, I was about 7 at the time, I remember as a little kid we played Radcliffe in a friendly and we went to watch, I only remember because I put sand in my dad's can of pop and he went ballistic at me when he drank it.

Reactions: alexglover1995

Portland_Toffee

Portland Toffee
Oct 17, 2013
Sherwood, Oregon, USA
You know I can't remember what my first game was. Grew up next to the ground so I guess I aways have memories of seeing it, so the first time going doesn't pop out. Will ask the arl fella and see if he remembers as he would have been the one to take me.

First away was Arsenal at Highbury in 1996, we won 2-1 after Ian Wright had given them the lead. Was proper LIMBS as the seats were so close together you couldn't help landing 3 rows in front of where you started. One of my best memories as a kid that. Highbury was a proper old school ground to, houses all around it, local fans etc. Not like the circus corporate clowns that go the Emirates these days.

alexglover1995

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
One of my best memories as a kid that. Highbury was a proper old school ground to, houses all around it, local fans etc. Not like the circus corporate clowns that go the Emirates these days.
I was gutted that I never got the chance to do an away at Highbury, by the time my Uncle started to take me to aways they had just moved to the Emirates, shame because there's not many grounds like ours left anymore that have that proper away day feel!

Stueyd67

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
Was 1976. Top Balcony with me arlfella, i was six. Think we played Bristol City.

Portland_Toffee

Portland Toffee
Oct 17, 2013
Sherwood, Oregon, USA
I'm ashamed to say i can't remember my first Everton game, the furthest back I can remember is Coventry and everybody ran on the pitch, I was about 7 at the time, I remember as a little kid we played Radcliffe in a friendly and we went to watch, I only remember because I put sand in my dad's can of pop and he went ballistic at me when he drank it.
I remember that Coventry game (if its the staying up one), took a massive load of turf home and buried it in me Grandma's garden in Crocky as we never had grass in our Walton mansion. Couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of that game.

James Roberts

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
My first game was Bolton at home in the 06/07 season in the lower gwladys. Arteta scored a left foot beauty outside the box and we won 1-0.

MickM

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
My first game was Middlesbrough in 1995 on Boxing Day. I think we win 5-0. Remember nothing from the game, just everyone standing up every 5 minutes.

From that moment on I was hooked.

Portland_Toffee

Portland Toffee
Oct 17, 2013
Sherwood, Oregon, USA
My first game was Middlesbrough in 1995 on Boxing Day. I think we win 5-0. Remember nothing from the game, just everyone standing up every 5 minutes.

From that moment on I was hooked.
Remember that, their fans were actually boss that day (shocking I know). Singing throughout, even though they got battered.

ZakWinkley

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
Everton 3-1 Man City April 8th 2001,

Don't remember much of the game but I can remember my dad telling me to piss on the gates outside anfield every time I go past.