First impressions of our forum?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by EvertonArentWe, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SteKelly

SteKelly NSNO

Maybe create an 'Introduction' Section where obviously people introduce themselves and tell everyone a bit about them.

2. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Boss lads just trying it out on my mobile now haha

3. AndyCM81

AndyCM81 New Around Here

Looks good so far!

4. Azz

Azz Member

Decent, but just ban Si Currie now.

5. Brennan

Brennan New Around Here

If you'd have only approached me first, I would have advised you on how to construct your site. No other would have bettered it , I am the best at everything I do and I have all the answers to everything.

6. Taffy toffee

Taffy toffee New Around Here

Top forum boys, was just wondering I've got this site on my iPhone on safari, does anybody know how to get it on my home screen? Seen I few people have done it and that badge looks cracking on the home screen

7. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Open it on Safari, on the bottom bar where the back button and bookmark buttons are there is a box with an arrow facing up the third one in from the left. Click that and then add to home screen.

EvertonArentWe likes this.
  8. Taffy toffee

Taffy toffee New Around Here

Cheers mate, that's awesome

9. Sticky

Sticky New Around Here

Excellent site, I won a trophy in 11 seconds, it took David Moyes 11 years.

AndyCM81 and EvertonArentWe like this.
  10. Boss forum mate.. works so well on my mobile too which is good

11. ANDYEFC95

ANDYEFC95 OnceEvertonHasTouchedYouNothingWillEverBeTheSame

the mobile version is the best ive used

12. Luffy

Luffy New Around Here

Can't stand the alerts part.

13. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

I like the Alerts part. Lets me know when someone has posted something on a thread I'm active on.

14. danefc1878

danefc1878 Scouseblue

Its a forum not an AA meeting

15. SteKelly

SteKelly NSNO

every forum has them btw...
    Doesn't look like you have a clue what goes on in a forum.

This forum is pretty poor, everyone is just doing one word answers and making a new thread for pathetic stuff

16. You can simply turn them off.

17. Fuckinel, we've been open for just over a day and you're slamming us already. We're doing something different to any other Everton forums and we're trying to attract people who have never used forums before.

The structure will come once people have had a chance to check them out. We don't want to be remotely like any other forums, what's the point in that? We've never tried to be or copy anyone else, we just do our own thing. If you don't like that then stick with the forums that you enjoy, because we'll never be them.

IAmVictus likes this.
  18. I was going to make you a moderator this morning since you've asked us a number of times and your posts have been helpful. I don't particularly see the point now.

danefc1878 likes this.
  19. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Just thought I'd point out that there are no set rules on how to use a forum. All forums are made for their purpose and used as such and this is pretty social where fans of Everton can come to discuss their points and keep a record of it instead of it being lost in twitter. While you are no longer restricted to 140 characters there is no rule stating that your replies have to be long or well laid out. However many words it takes someone to get their point or their question across is enough.

From what I see here so far there is plenty going on that normally goes on in a forum. A few familiar topics that most different communities like to explore such as the ones in "Everything Else" section like Flims, Music etc.

You will always have new threads popping up and sometimes this is because a topic, even though it may have popped up in a different thread, needs it's own thread to keep things easy and organised. Past that, if new topics that are already existing that somebody has not noticed can be dealt with by a moderator.

EvertonArentWe likes this.