James McCarthy - First Impressions

Stubbs67

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
He has always been destined for big things. I remember watching him when he played for Hamilton as a 16 year old and he was a player then. Celtic could have had him for 1.5mil way before he went to Wigan and didn't take the gamble. £13mil may sound like a risk but he's a player who is going to be in the mix of the game at Everton for the next 4 years, a vital asset and what are you looking at for any potential resale!?

Reactions: Sharples

Kie1878XO

Manc tit
Oct 17, 2013
Manchester
Love him so far. Price tag was always going to be a concern but I thought to myself 'he could be worth double in a few years time'. At this rate, he will be!

Barkley20FanPage

Clueless
Oct 17, 2013
He's been excellent. He's only been dribbled past once & he's made 17 tackles. Always looking to pass forward and never afraid to get the ball back. Fits the system well. Will be worth more than £13m in 2 years.

IAmVictus

Oct 17, 2013
I reckon he might be one of those players who is quite important and does a lot of stuff in the midfield but isn't noticed as much for a while. While I don't want to turn this into an Osman thread, I remember a season when poor Leon was ACTUALLY doing a lot of work moving the ball about our midfield but was often overlooked. It seems like that might happen with McCarthy for a while and then people will realise he's good and is doing work in there and give him credit for it. Perhaps when he scores people will realise haha.

charlie butler

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
Everyone was questioning moyes when he spent £15 mill on fellaini but now look at him, give the lad a chance and he'll be up there

Mike Hollis

New Around Here
Oct 17, 2013
Personally think he will be a fantastic signing, I've been a fan of his for a long time. He's only going to get better playing alongside the likes of Barry (and Osman)

SL1878

New Around Here
Oct 16, 2013
McCarthy continuing to impress. Lad is a battler, he's everywhere and composed on the ball. Not missing Fellaini in the slightest.

SL1878

New Around Here
Oct 16, 2013
How exactly? Not in terms of results. Central midfield area is looking strong. We have Ross playing the number 10 excellently. And we have the powerhouse up front. He isn't missed, at all.

HalewoodToffee

Oct 17, 2013
How exactly? Not in terms of results. Central midfield area is looking strong. We have Ross playing the number 10 excellently. And we have the powerhouse up front. He isn't missed, at all.
Against the likes of Hull probably not i agree. Against the likes of City and the bigger teams he is greatly missed, he gives us a presence which the other 2 cant and never will. That is not to say that Barry and Mac are bad players as they have both been good, Barry since he joined and Mac last couple of games. Lets stop this such and such a player/manager has gone therefore now they are shit nonsense, its unbecoming of an Everton fan. Fellaini was immense for us

Mart Slinger

New Around Here
Oct 16, 2013
Against the likes of Hull probably not i agree. Against the likes of City and the bigger teams he is greatly missed, he gives us a presence which the other 2 cant and never will. That is not to say that Barry and Mac are bad players as they have both been good, Barry since he joined and Mac last couple of games. Lets stop this such and such a player/manager has gone therefore now they are shit nonsense, its unbecoming of an Everton fan. Fellaini was immense for us
Show me where he's mentioned that Fellaini is shit? Oh wait you cant. Im with him, we havent missed Fellaini at all.

IAmVictus

Oct 17, 2013
Well I don't think we are missing Fellaini at all, because Barry is going back to get the ball from defence and moving it up to McCarthy or Ross or out to the wings. Most, bar Osman, are putting themselves about in midfield and working as a TEAM. Something Fellaini never really got. I don't like players with shit attitudes when things aren't all going their way. Fellaini was one of them and I didn't like that or want him at our club any longer, so that's why I'm saying he's shit. He's not shit in ability he has ability, a chest like glue and good presence in the air, but his attitude was all wrong and very hit and miss.

McCarthy is only getting better by the game and the fans are warming to him accordingly. I think if we could get Barry on a full transfer we'd be golden with those two for a while. Good partnership so far it seems.

SL1878

New Around Here
Oct 16, 2013
The impression that we are not missing Fellaini implies the shitness. Pretty basic stuff this
Haha i love you, Si. You're great entertainment. I obviously never said he was shit, he was brilliant for us. But to sell a player for £28m, you would expect him to be missed. And i don't think we have. I could say grass is green and you would disagree. Carry on...

HalewoodToffee

Oct 17, 2013
Haha i love you, Si. You're great entertainment. I obviously never said he was shit, he was brilliant for us. But to sell a player for £28m, you would expect him to be missed. And i don't think we have. I could say grass is green and you would disagree. Carry on...
Well someone is saying we are not missing a player of Fellaini ability, 1 can only assume you have been taken over by an alien.