Sir Alex Slips Up

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by Portland_Toffee, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Portland_Toffee

Portland_Toffee Portland Toffee

Anyone else seen this. Sir Alex told Moyse not to sign a new contract in February saying he would get a bigger club. Then, kept calling him to make sure he hadn't signed one....

Any grounds for Everton to get compo of the Mancs?

2. I think they both had it sorted before then. Everton should look into it, but there's no surprised fans here.

3. danefc1878

danefc1878 Scouseblue

Moyes is a tit had the wool well pulled over bills eyes what other club would of said its ok moyes u wait round an dont sign your contract an if no 1 else comes in we will still have you should of been told sign now in the last 6 month left or go we will get sum 1 else no 1 is bigger than everton specialy not you even though u thought u wer u what a blert

4. MainStander87

MainStander87 New Around Here

It's no surprise after Moyes went from saying the first he'd heard about it was when Ferguson announced he was retiring and then changed it a few weeks later to say that he got told the Thursday before the derby. That deal was done months in advance and if it was then the club should look for compo as it's tapping up pure and simple

5. Portland_Toffee

Portland_Toffee Portland Toffee

They wouldn't fire him when we were in the hunt for a top 4 finish, which we were at the time. Definitely sorted behind Evertons backs though, that is not legal and is tapping up of an Everton asset while we are paying his wages. SAF stupid for revealing this and Bill should take United to the cleaners for this.

6. MainStander87

MainStander87 New Around Here

Not sure why the club would've fired him cos they didn't know until it was all announced. Moyes has stitched the club right up here. Kenwright and co need to show they aren't pushovers and get touch with the Mancs if there's any proof. This wasn't just a case of Moyes running down his contract in the hope something better would come along and hey presto Fergie retires. It was a calculated stitch-up that I'd bet was months if not a year in the making. The days of them doing what they want are over now. Time to get back in the real world Mancs and face the music

7. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

We all knew this already, everyone at the club probably knew this already, maybe they knew there was nothing they could do without concrete proof? Maybe now they will, who knows? who cares? Moyes is history, Other than laughing at the situation he and his club are in, its all about Martinez for me.

8. James Roberts

James Roberts New Around Here

Surely this gives proof to back up any claim Everton make about Moyes being tapped up.

9. HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee Active Member

Not really no. He just 'adviced' him not to sign another contract knowing he was going to retire. Not exactly lovely morals shown to Everton by Ferguson but not tapping up neither

10. danefc1878

danefc1878 Scouseblue

I didnt say fire him i said let go bill should of said well if u dont sign now we wont be renewing ur contract so its up 2 we shouldnt be held 2 ransom by no individual we should of let him worry about us and not us about him.

Portland_Toffee likes this.