Which player would you have loved to have seen in an Everton shirt? (Realistically)

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by GeorgeRushton, Oct 18, 2013.

1. GeorgeRushton

GeorgeRushton New Around Here

Don't ask me why, but I always wanted Morton gamst pederson at Everton haha, I'm aware I can't spell his name

2. STEC1878

STEC1878 @ste_corlett

Kyle Walker is one for me. Heavily linked with him and Naughton until Spurs came in

Andy Houston likes this.
  3. HJEFC92

HJEFC92 New Around Here

I know he's used as the brunt of all our transfer jokes, but Juan Roman Riquelme in a Blue shirt could have been something special.

4. @HJEFC92 hits the nail on the head. Many of our failed transfers would make this list. João Moutinho would've been a great buy.

5. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Defoe, Negredo, Niang, Moutinho ( is he worth more than 27.5m now?) I wanted Barry along time ago, Remember when we all wanted Riera! haha

6. Paulie

Paulie New Around Here

Easy to say now but Michu is the one for me would've been a perfect replacement for Cahill, if we'd have had Martinez 12 months earlier I have no doubt he'd of joined us

7. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

To build on Riera, remember when we lost out on Rodallega too?

8. Stubbs67

Stubbs67 New Around Here

One of the best players I've seen in the flesh!

9. MainStander87

MainStander87 New Around Here

Bellamy. Mad fucker on the pitch but he would've given 110% every week even when he was on the wrong side of 30. Fuckin brilliant player in the right team

EvertonArentWe likes this.
  10. HJEFC92

HJEFC92 New Around Here

The thought of having Riquelme alongside an inform Mikel Arteta is something dreams are made of.

11. Brad Yates

Brad Yates New Around Here

Dirk Kuyt when he was at Feyenoord, Pretty much the same reason as Bellamy, always gave 110%, would of stopped him scoring in the fucking derby as well.

MainStander87 likes this.
  12. Brad Yates

Brad Yates New Around Here

And to think we could of had a midfield of Defour, Witsel & Fellaini at one point is absolutely mad.

13. Mart Slinger

Mart Slinger New Around Here

Eden Hazard.
    Pretty certain Moyes wanted him but Bill wouldn't/couldn't cough up the funds.

Same with Eden Dzeko.

14. JoeyFarrell11

JoeyFarrell11 Upper Gwladys optimist Moderator

I remember being heartbroken when we missed out on Sean Davis and i still to this day can't remember why

The one I was most gutted about was Arshavin, he was mustard him

15. Every time we have needed a striker I always hoped we would go in for Jermaine Defoe

EvertonArentWe and Andy Houston like this.
  16. Sconnie Steve

Sconnie Steve New Around Here

Something about Eden's, eh Mart? Agree with you though, would love to have Dzeko.

17. Barkley20FanPage

Barkley20FanPage Clueless

Joäo Moutinho. Don't even get me started.

18. The Street End

The Street End Moderator

19. Portland_Toffee

Portland_Toffee Portland Toffee

Moutinho, Riquelme and Negrado - although who knows if they would have been the same players for us.

20. Andy Houston

Andy Houston New Around Here

Defoe! The main problem would have been getting him to move out of London though I reckon, 15 goals a season and at a reasonable price of 8 - £10m. 2 years ago he could have been an awesome signing.