Your all time greatest player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by EvertonArentWe, Oct 17, 2013.

1. From what I've seen personally I'd genuinely say it's Messi. Zidane was unbelievable too.

IAmVictus and Max Carlyle like this.
  2. Charlie Willbourn

Charlie Willbourn New Around Here

Diego Maradona

3. Max Carlyle

Max Carlyle Member

Franz Beckenbauer

4. Ronaldinho and both Ronaldos for me

5. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Cristiano Ronaldo, no debate, he's just to complete

6. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Messi. There is something effortless and egoless about the way he plays. People seem to assume he dives but from what I see he actually tries his best to stay on his feet and do what he set out to, score. There's a reason he's won all those Ballon d'Or awards. Saw him get kicked in the shins about 3 times on a run and didn't go down like most would.

7. Charlie Willbourn

Cristiano Ronaldo isn't even the best in his era.

8. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Who is then?

9. Charlie Willbourn

Messi.

10. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

I think Ronaldo's better, Ronaldo can head the ball, more strength, free kicks, pelt the ball in from 40 yard like he did for United in the UCL, proven in 2 leagues rather than 1, Messi has had the best team around him that allow him to play

11. Charlie Willbourn

free kicks? Messi is just as good imo, Ronaldo has a poor ratio. So Ronaldo hasn't had world class players around him? so what if he can hit them from 40 yards when messi breaks records for the most goals scored in a calender year.

IAmVictus likes this.
  12. IAmVictus

IAmVictus Member

Ronaldo is not as good at Free Kicks as people think, he's not that consistent. Messi is also good at free kicks, different types of free kicks. Messi uses agility to stay up rather than strength. They are two different types of players so their physical attributes can hardly be compared. I'm going off his goals, awards and how he seems more of a fair player.

Charlie Willbourn likes this.
  13. Azz

Azz Member

How old are you?

I've seen Matty Taylor (and plenty other absolute gash players) 'pelt' the ball in from 40 yards before - you won't get people scoring the goals Messi scores.

Between him and Ronaldo it's an absolute no contest. Take away Ronaldo's athleticism and he's half the player.

Messi and Zidane are probably on par in terms of favourites for me.

14. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

What does my age have to do with anything, having a discussion and you come in trying to immediately put me down, the point i'm making are there are more aspects to Ronaldo's game.

15. Azz

Azz Member

Touched a nerve?

16. Sharples

Sharples WOOL Moderator

Not at all, I don't see why you're bringing age into a discussion though.

17. Azz

Azz Member

You just sounded about 10 when you said Ronaldo could 'pelt a ball in from 40 yards'

Charlie Willbourn likes this.
  18. MikeParrysniffedmyseat

MikeParrysniffedmyseat New Around Here

19. Stubbs67

Stubbs67 New Around Here

Zidane, made it look so easy, absolute effortless

20. SteKelly

SteKelly NSNO

Watch Maradona then mate. Gets kicked about 10 times and carries on... have you seen how hard it would be to play on the pitches back in the day too?

IAmVictus likes this.